Find your next job with XPO
If you are a Warehouse Operative with experience in training others , then we have a fantastic opportunity at our clients brand new state of the art food distribution centre in Milton Keynes.
Staffline is recruiting for a Warehouse Operative in Milton Keynes.
As part of the Operational Team, you will ensure products are processed and handled correctly by making use of Manual Handling Equipment (MHE) and the appropriate warehouse management systems to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Then shifts and rates of pay are:
- 6am to 2pm - £10.00 per hour
- 2pm to 10pm - £10.80 per hour
During initial training and site set-up, the hours of work will be 8am until 4pm.
You will have a flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the business.
Your Time at Work
As a Warehouse Operative, you will:
- Help implement processes and systems to deliver objectives, playing an active part in the site ethos and strategy during start up to support the building of the site operations team
- Meet personal targets and objectives whilst carrying out assigned tasks including accuracy and quality
- Operate MHE in line with training ensuring safety process are followed on every occasion; completing safety checks and ensuring any accidents/damage is reported immediately
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned computer-based tasks as required
- Build a high level of understanding of departmental systems and routines
- Work in a safe manner observing all trained Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operating Procedures
- Contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Ensure communication flows between our administration and transport teams to better understand requirements and improve ways of working to drive performance and operational excellence
- Provide an efficient and professional service to external drivers where required
- Act in a manner using initiative and judgement, which will result in maximum benefit to the business and customer
- Assist in the maintenance of a high standard of housekeeping across the site
- Ensure compliance in all areas of responsibility in respect of workplace ethics and Health and Safety following the escalation process where there is any deviation from the standard process
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities
- Any other duties required by the business
- Always behave in line with the company values including 'Road to Zero'
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Warehouse Operative will be:
- Team focussed with the ability to work individually with initiative
- Self-motivated and works with pace
- Show conviction in own judgement
- Able to manage workload to meet changing priorities
- Professional and acts with integrity
- Willing to learn new skills
- Reliable and flexible approach to work and tasks - this role is shift based across a 24/7 operation
You should be PC literate and have experience of working with a Warehouse Management System and safe working practices.
Previous experience of operating MHE is also essential.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £10 to £10.80 p/h depending on shift
- Working hours will be 8am - 4pm until 22nd August
- Shifts then revert to 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm
- OnSite support from Staffline
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Career progression
- Be part of setting up a brand new site
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( September 6th, 2020 )