Find your next job with Morrisons
Staffline is recruiting for Butchers and Skilled Abattoir Operatives to work in Spalding.
You will be required to work in either Butchery or Abattoir area in Pork or Beef Department dependent on your experience and preference.
To be successful in this role you need to be experienced on either Pork, Beef or Lamb and have butchery background, alternatively, you can apply for our trainee roles.
The rate of pay is £10.50 per hour, rising to £15.13 per hour once you are made permanent, plus access to other benefits including a Shopping Discount Card.
You will work 5 days out of 7, usually from Monday to Friday but occasionally Saturdays as required.
Shifts start at 6am and typically finish between 3 and 4pm. You will work approximately 40 to 48 hours per week.
Your Time at Work
As a Butcher or Skilled Abattoir Operative, you will join either the butchery or abattoir team in Pork or Beef Departments and your tasks will mainly involve:
- Working on pace line or slaughter line with the use of knives and other equipment
- Performing skilled tasks which include cutting, deboning meat/slaughter and dressing carcasses to the required specification
- Undertaking manual handling tasks, using equipment or machinery when required
- Ensuring the quality of the product is to required specification and that Health & Safety and Food Safety standards are followed at all times
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Butcher or Skilled Abattoir Operative has previous experience within a similar role.
We also welcome applications from candidates who have knife handling experience in other roles (not necessarily a butchery environment) who wish to start career in Meat Processing Industry.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £10.50 p/h rising to £15.13 p/h after service and training
- Work 5 out of 7 days, usually Monday to Friday but some Saturday work required
- Start at 6am and usually finished between 3pm and 4pm
- You will work approximately 40-48 hours per week
- Shopping discount card
- Subsidised canteen
- Canteen on site
- Free car parking
- Car parking on site
- PPE provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Opportunities for overtime
- Career progression opportunities
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.