If you are a Butcher with experience of working on a pork butchery pace line, please get in touch as we have a fantastic opportunity with a market leading company, Karro Food Group.
Staffline is recruiting for a Butcher to work at their industry leading pork production factory in Norton, Malton.
The more skilled and experienced the butchery team is, the greater the product quality will be.
There will be lower waste, which will result in a higher output delivered as a business. Our client recognises this delivery through their pay grades for the butchery and trimming of pork middles, legs and shoulders.
The rate of pay is £10.51 to £11.41 per hour, depending on skill level.
Overtime is also available at this site and is paid at £12.69 to £13.69 per hour.
You will work fixed shifts, Monday to Friday, and the hours of work are from 6am to 4pm.
Your Time at Work
As a Butcher at this site, you will:
- De-bone and trim pork primals into standard cuts at optimum line speed, whilst achieving product quality and hygiene specifications.
- Be required to use a knife and bladed machines to completely de-bone and trim pork middles, legs and shoulders and remove bone chips and cartilage.
- Avoid fatigue and repetitive strain by regularly rotating lines, ensuring you will work across different areas.
- Work with speed and accuracy, you will be fully assessed before working on the pace line.
- Have a basic understanding of English, as you will need to understand product specifications, whilst hitting yield targets and maintain traceability and product integrity.
- Fully adhere to all health and safety and compliance practices and standards
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and report any errors or faults to your line leader.
- Carry out manual handling tasks and the role can be physically demanding.
- Work in a chilled environment to ensure the product is of the highest quality, it is advised that warm clothing is worn under your PPE.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Butcher will have a background in pork butchery or has experience working with beef and lamb products.
Butchery and knife skills are essential, preferably on a pace line. Your experience and speed will be assessed before starting.
You will have excellent hand-eye coordination, to ensure the cuts are being made correctly and to the highest standard.
Focus is important, as you will be undertaking repetitive tasks.
An understanding of English is required as well as basic numeracy skills.
A good level of physical fitness is required, and you must be willing to work in a chilled environment.
Key Information and Benefits
-Earn £10.51 to £13.69 p/h
-Shifts: 6am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
-OnSite support from Staffline
-Free car parking
-Temp to perm opportunity
-Career progression opportunities
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( February 15th, 2021 )