Staffline are recruiting for a permanent Gutroom Operative based in Preston.
The rate of pay is £9.21 per hour - £10.21 per hour, up to 48 hours per week
£13.82 per hour - £15.31 per hour after 48 hours a week
Working hours (fixed):
7am - finish 4pm/5pm
Your Time at Work
As a Gutroom Operative, your duties will include:
- Cleaning and stripping down offal into different animal by product categories
- Labelling dolavs and barrels accurately so that the correct product is put into the relevant container to await collection by the appropriate waste/by product carrier
- Harvesting, processing and distribution of natural casings, meat products and pharmaceutical products
- Maintain clean working practices to prevent slips and trips and avoid cross contamination
- You will work as part of a team who are responsible for separating and categorising green offal from slaughtered livestock (pigs).
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Gutroom Operative requires a strong stomach as you will be dealing with large quantities of manure, animal stomachs and intestine.
Knife skills and the ability to efficiently process and separate green offal to ensure high yields is a key priority in this role.
No previous experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
Key Information and Benefits
Earn £9.21-£10.21 p/h
Canteen on site
Car parking on site
Good links to public transport
Full training provided
Temp to perm opportunity
Opportunities for overtime
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( February 16th, 2021 )