Immediate starts available at our client's production warehouse, which creates innovative and sustainable packaging solutions; From dairy packaging to home care products.
Staffline is recruiting for a Production Operative position in Mansfield.
The rate of pay is £8.72 per hour, with overtime available after working 37.5 hours in a week. The first extra 14 hours worked are paid at time and a half and increases to double time from the15th hour of overtime onwards.
You will work rotating shifts Monday to Friday:
- Days: 6am - 2pm
- Afternoons: 2pm - 10pm
- Nights: 10pm -6am
Saturday and Sunday work is also available on the following shifts:
- Days: 6am - 6pm
- Nights: 6pm - 6am
Your Time at Work
As a Production Operative, you will:
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic plastic manufacturing machinery
- Report product defects to the Lead Operator
- Ensure Health & Safety of all employees is maintained at all times
- Promote teamwork
- Adhere to the cleaning and hygiene procedures
- Keep production areas clean and tidy at all times
- Understand the methodology of the 5S audits and action plans.
- Be able to carry out colour changes on cap & pot lines and label design changes
- Sign off relevant 'Clearance to Run' sheets
- Fully understand the KPI's, where we are and what we need to do to improve
- Maintain scrap levels at or below current targets.
- Oversee that quality inspections and TPM checks are performed in accordance with requirements
- Verify compliance of product using the approved quality procedure
- Ensure any required information is recorded on to the respective worksheets on the computer.
- Undertake general housekeeping duties.
You will be on your feet for the duration of the shift and need to be able to lift bags/ move pallets using pallet pump truck as required
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Production Operative will have excellent communication skills, be highly organised and able to manage their own workload effectively.
You should be competent in working alone for periods of time and work well within a team.
Experience in similar role is desirable, but not essential.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £8.72 p/h
- Overtime available (x1.5 and x2 depending on amount worked)
- Rotating shifts Mon - Fri: 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm and 10pm - 6am
- Weekend work available as well across days and nights (12-hour shifts)
- Canteen on site
- Free car parking on site
- Good links to public transport
- PPE provided
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Career progression opportunities
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( February 22nd, 2021 )