Interim Engineering Site Services Manager
Location: Halifax area
6 month minimum contract ongoing
View to go permanent
Inside IR35 Scope
We need an experienced Engineering Maintenance Site Services Manager to join the Engineering team at one of the UK’s leading FMCG manufacturing brands.
You will manage, maintain and continuously improve the site services department, service contracts, engineering development/compliance function.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will lead a small teams and manage the contractors that maintain the factory services function
- The Interim Engineering Services Manager will provide an effective management of the site services and utilities, while supporting the efficient running of the factory.
- You will be directly accountable for a small Engineering Shift Team, their development, resource, shift PPM completion.
- You will play an important role in ensuring that core maintenance processes are always executed to high standards, resulting in the availability of high quality asset information used to drive continuous improvement, efficient maintenance planning and site audit readiness.
- Own and support several different functional areas across the engineering team including Site Services, Maintenance Engineering, Engineering Planning and Apprenticeship Program
- Manage the site services department
- To Ensure all Statutory Compliance is adhered to on site.
- Lead site energy sustainability, energy team and promotion both on and off site.
- Contractor control / leadership
- Documentation and legislation to be continually audit ready inc.
- 5S of engineering stores locations
- Drive risk assessment and DSOP's within department
- Assist in site improvement projects (e.g. condition based monitoring)
- Responsibility for performance and maintenance delivery for infrastructure, utilities and site services
- Legal compliance requirements
- Responsibility for the site Work Planning & Control process and reporting, resulting in optimum resource utilisation & labour efficiency
- Ensuring auditing of the safe system of work process
- Direct responsibility for structuring technical skills development across the site, resulting in execution of a clear training plan for engineering
Is this you?
- Engineering Apprenticeship to Degree qualification or equivalent time-served experience in Engineering
- knowledge of water treatment plant steam boilers, air compressors and HVAC systems and related Site Services kit
- Experience of setting up and managing engineering management processes
- Experience of directly managing engineering activities
- Experience in managing safe working and ensuring safe systems of work are followed
- Experience and knowledge of Lean and Asset Care Excellence techniques – particularly CMMS
- Experience of managing reactive to proactive asset management – e.g. FMECA / RCM
- Experience of working alongside Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) Inventory Optimisation providers
- Manufacturing and factory site services management experience ideally within FMCG or process
- Typical manufacturing site utilities, HVAC systems, Boilers, Process pipework etc
- Conducting Planned preventative maintenance as per required schedules