Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: Taunton, Somerset
The Compnay: A Global multi-site leading Manufacturing Compnay
42hrs a week - 24/7
Plus Pension and package
- As a shift electrical Controls and Automation Technician at a large manufacturing / process site and part of a large specialist engineering support function.
- Responsible for all Electrical Controls, automation and Electrical Manufacturing Maintenance activities within production – first line support to line and CI
- Monitor plant operational efficiency, reliability and capability of all plant and equipment, identifying areas of under-performance or opportunity to improve
- Responsible for the elimination of breakdowns through continual improvement of the production facility control systems.
- Diagnose faults and modify software/equipment on a variety of PLC, SCADA and servo control system
- Identify and carry out appropriate preventative maintenance and software backups to minimise downtime
- Support Capital projects in development, installation and commissioning
Does this sound like you?
- Apprentice trained in an electrical / controls discipline.
- Several years’ experience as an Electrical Technician.
- Experience in the maintenance of electrical and electronic control systems.
- Use PLC to interrogate PLC code.
- Minor software programming changes.
- Variable Speed Drive controllers.
- Understand how to optimize sensors.
- Instrumentation calibration and associated record keeping.
Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and long serving team with years of experience and knowledge to share with you so you can learn quickly with support and help improve the automation capability of a large site.