Area Maintenance & Reliability Lead
Departmental Leader (Days Role)
Target £40k plus 10% bonus, pension and health
An internationally recognised market leader; our client is a major global manufacturer, producing a distinctive range of instantly recognisable products.
This days based role will suit a maintenance manager / Reliability Leader / Engineering Shift Leader with experience of managing change and shutdown projects in a seasonal environment, as well as an aspiring Maintenance Team Leader / shift manager ready for a days role with responsibility including budget and asset responsibility
This role will lead all frontline engineering maintenance improvement activities in your area, including Manufacturing and fill and pack, accountable for ensuring the efficient production of a variety of branded food consumable products
Your new challenge:
- You will devise and ensure a robust and responsive maintenance strategy and manage the Budget for YOUR area
- You will lead activities with multi-skilled, as well as contractors on Planned maintenance and shut down activities
- You will create, implement and manage both maintenance and PPM plans for your department of the factory, utilising various operational methodologies such as supplier optimisation and asset management techniques
- Monitor operational efficiency of all plant and equipment, identifying areas of under-performance or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement
- Monitor plant reliability and capability to identify areas of issue or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement
- Developing good relationships with OEM’s in your area
- Collect and use Data to drive OEE improvements in your area…you OWN IT!
Is this you?
- Demonstrating experience within an FMCG / Pharmaceutical / Food and Beverage/Chemicals / Process engineering environment in an engineering maintenance leadership role
- You will have finely developed interpersonal and communication skills and the natural ability to inspire teams
- Modern Maintenance and CI techniques including TPM/PPM/RCM and reliability engineering techniques
- A proven track record of meeting agreed performance targets and reporting skills are also crucial to the success of this role
- You will also have the ability to identify improvement opportunities and monitor individual and team performance
- Previous Experience as a supervisor or manager
- Experience in problem solving techniques such as Kaizan
- Experience in writing SOP’s, driving CI & CAPEX projects