Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
Location: Derby area
Rotating shift-based role
Our client is a large FMCG processing manufacturer with a global footprint. It is a large site with a large established engineering team.
Training, development, and support is provided in a complex manufacturing site. You will help the site make high quality consumer products.
We have an immediate permanent vacancy is for a Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Your new challenge will be providing effective and efficient planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance to minimise losses to production.
- Diagnosis, resolution, and elimination of root causes of engineering faults
- Design, trial, and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls
Is this you?
- We are looking for an engineer who has completed a work-based apprenticeship, modern route, or the traditional indentured route
- The minimum level of qualification we can accept is NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- We are looking for someone with industrial maintenance experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of mechanical fitting and fault finding on rotating equipment is vital, e.g., bearings, pump, rollers, gearboxes etc
- Further skills of benefit would be welding/fabricating, experience on hydraulics & pneumatics systems
- Heavy industry, chemicals, process, and plant background may suit, as well as a fast paced manufacturing background