Our client is a market leader in manufacturing. Their manufacturing facility is currently experiencing sustained expansion, investment and business growth
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Manufacturing / Operations professional to manage a production / process area, on shift, Monday to Friday.
Reporting directly into the Factory Manager, you will be an integral part of the manufacturing team, undertaking a diverse role with responsibility for controlling the movement of all raw materials through to packaged finished goods in your factory, planning production to meet customer needs within quality, time and cost specification
- You will manage a team across several process and packing lines
- You will be responsible for both the day to day management of technical and production professionals via your established management team; as well as co-ordinating and driving development projects which will lead towards performance improvements, cost reduction and greater competitiveness
- You will provide technical support and analysis, including the utilisation of industrial performance and continuous improvement tools
- Providing leadership and management of a shift of Operations and engineering staff – integrated self-managing teams
- Leading a Zero tolerance approach in safety standards
- Maximise and constantly improve manufacturing performance to meet/exceed the target OEE
- Meet/exceed Production, Safety, Quality and Cost KPIs by leading and working with your people
- Engaging the ‘hearts and minds' of your team to create and sustain a pro-active working culture
- Responsible for and leading process controls i.e. short interval controls (SIC)
- Management of safety/environmental incidents and compliance
- Ensuring that a skills matrix for team is maintained and that the team are developed to provide flexibility.
Is this you?
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH Certificate desirable
- Experience of operating in a manufacturing site with team responsibility
- A working knowledge of Overall Equipment effectiveness (OEE) desirable
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience of maximising the potential of others including people development and performance management.
- Experience of driving and improving site performance in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Graduate calibre, a considerable understanding of all areas of factory operations.
- FMCG / Process/heavy /Chemicals or fast paced manufacturing industry experience, with factory knowledge and understanding of the key drivers within a factory environment
- Inspirational in your approach and management of people
- You will be experienced in change management, CI, planning and leading factory improvement initiatives
•Planning and organisation
• Problem solving and analysis
• Commercial Awareness (ideally); be able to demonstrate an understanding of the impact of their role and issues their department on service and sales.