Find your next job with Hermes
FULL TIME REGULAR ONGOING WORK ON NIGHT SHIFTS
IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE
Long term regular ongoing work and temp to perm opportunities available for the right candidates.
Staffline is recruiting for a Warehouse Operative at our client's busy parcel distribution centre in Waleswood, near Sheffield.
The rates of pay are as follows:
- Monday to Friday Nights - £9.22 per hour / after 12 weeks worked - £10.20 per hour
- Sunday Nights - £9.50 per hour / after 12 weeks worked - £10.20 per hour
We will also welcome candidates who are looking for a more temporary and flexible role and those wanting to work part-time.
Start times are between 19:00 and 22:00 so an element of flexibility is required.
Your Time at Work
As a Parcel Loader/Sorter you will be responsible for the loading and unloading of vehicles and the sortation and scanning of parcels into cages.
This role requires the manual handling of both small and large items and sacks, physical as well as mental agility is needed.
This is a fast-paced environment, and you will need to keep up with the line.
- Unloading vehicles and scanning parcels, with repetitive handling/lifting of sometimes heavy and large items
- Working efficiently and effectively as part of a team
- Ensure scanning compliance of all stock, with accurate use of the handheld terminal
- Accurate completion of any relevant paperwork
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Parcel Loader/Sorter will be available to work Sunday to Friday with a day off in the week, we will try and accommodate your preferred day of when putting you onto a rota.
You should have previous experience working in a warehouse environment and a keen eye for detail to ensure correct goods are always picked.
A good attitude and professional conduct is essential, as well as reliability and excellent timekeeping.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn from £9.22 per hour from Monday to Friday on nights
- Earn from £9.50 per hour on Sunday nights
- Flexible to start between 19:00 and 22:00
- Typical shifts are at least 8 hours
- OnSite support from Staffline
- Regular work
- Opportunities for overtime
- Canteen on site
- Free car parking on site
- PPE provided
- Full training provided
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.