Find your next job with Morrisons
Great opportunity to work as a Butcher and Skilled Abattoir Operative for a leading UK supermarket.
This role offers a permanent employment opportunity with our client.
Once direct you will receive a supermarket discount card and have access to a number of other benefits.
All our staff have access to a subsidised canteen and all hot drinks are free.
We run local reward schemes too.
Staffline is recruiting for a Butcher and Skilled Abattoir Operative to work in Spalding.
To be successful in this role you need to be experienced in either Pork, Beef, or Lamb and have a butchery background, alternatively, you can apply for our trainee roles.
The rate of pay is £10.50 rising to £14.77 per hour after 12 weeks once you are fully skilled and are made permanent.
You will work 5 days out of 7, usually from Monday to Friday but occasionally Saturdays as required.
Shifts start at 6am and typically finish between 3 and 4pm. You will work approximately 40 to 48 hours per week.
Your Time at Work
As a Butcher and Skilled Abattoir Operative, you will join either the butchery or abattoir team in Pork or Beef Departments and your tasks will mainly involve:
- Working on pace line or slaughter line with the use of knives and other equipment
- Performing skilled tasks which include cutting, deboning meat/slaughter and dressing carcasses to the required specification
- Undertaking manual handling tasks, using equipment or machinery when required
- Ensuring the quality of the product is to the required specification and that Health & Safety and Food Safety standards are followed at all times
- You will be required to work in either Butchery or Abattoir area in the Pork or Beef Department dependent on your experience and preference
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Butcher and Skilled Abattoir Operative will have previous experience within a similar role.
We also welcome applications from candidates who have knife handling experience in other roles (not necessarily a butchery environment) who wish to start career in Meat Processing Industry.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £10.50 p/h rising to £14.77 p/h after service and training
- Work 5 out of 7 days, usually Monday to Friday but some Saturday work required
- Start at 6am and usually finished between 3pm and 4pm
- You will work approximately 40-48 hours per week
- Shopping discount card
- Subsidised canteen
- Canteen on site
- Free car parking
- PPE provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Opportunities for overtime
- Career progression opportunities
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.