Find your next job with Sainsbury's
Apply today and work nights as a Warehouse Operative at a modern site for a leading UK supermarket.
Staffline is recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to work nights in Basingstoke.
Enjoy great benefits such as performance bonuses, local reward schemes, and a subsidised canteen on site.
The rate of pay for this shift starts at £10.50 per hour with the potential to earn up to £13.50 per hour based on performance. This will rise to £15.11 per hour plus a weekly bonus after completion of a 12 week probation period.
The hours of work on fixed shifts are:
- Ambient Nights - 8.45pm - 5.45am
- Produce Nights - 7pm - 4am
Your Time at Work
As a Warehouse Operative at this site, you will work in different operating areas of the warehouse, and your duties will include:
- Using mechanical handling equipment to transport products to the assembly areas
- Lifting and moving products weighing up to 15kg
- Managing your pick accurately, based on an internal system
- Checking the quantity and quality of goods
- Ensuring that warehouse goals are achieved
- General warehouse duties
- Ensuring that there's a constant supply of assets (such as roll cages, totes, and pallet boards) to the necessary departments by offloading and transporting items to different areas
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Warehouse Operative takes the initiative and communicates well with others.
You will have basic numeracy, literacy, and computer skills. Knowledge of warehouse operations and Health & Safety are beneficial.
No previous experience is necessary as full training is provided.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £10.50 to £15.11 per hour
- Shifts: Ambient Nights - 8.45pm - 5.45am, Produce Nights - 7pm - 4am
- OnSite support from Staffline
- Canteen on site
- Free car parking
- PPE provided
- Performance bonus
- Full training provided
- Opportunities for overtime
- Modern working environment
Job Ref: 1SBBA
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.