Warehouse work is now available in Reading, with pay of up to £20.44 per hour. Apply today and receive an excellent Incentive Bonus Scheme.
Earn up to £500 in an additional supplement payment and £2 an hour paid as overtime during peak trading weeks.
Staffline is recruiting for a Warehouse Operative in Reading, Berkshire.
The rate of pay is:
- Days £11.17 per hour
- Nights (10pm to 6am) £13.96 per hour
- Weekend Days £14.86 per hour
- Weekend Nights £14.86 per hour
- Bank Holidays Days £16.76 per hour
- Bank Holidays Nights £19.55 per hour
- Overtime Days (37.5 hours) £16.76 per hour
- Overtime Nights (over 37.5 hours) £19.55 per hour
- Overtime Weekend (over 37.5 hours) £20.44 per hour
- Overtime Weekend Nights (over 37.5 hours) £20.44 per hour
Three shifts are available:
- 6am to 2pm
- 2pm to 10pm
- 10pm to 6am
* Earn up to £500 in an additional supplement payment with a start date on or before 30th October 2021 when achieving a 97% attendance rate throughout the qualifying period. Also, an additional £2 an hour is paid as overtime during peak trading weeks, 28th November to 1st January.
Your Time at Work
Warehouse Operative work is active, and you will work in an ambient warehouse environment that has a controlled temperature.
You will be responsible for handling goods and your day-to-day duties will include:
- Picking produce and selecting stock
- Stacking items into cages
- Delivering items and cages to the loaders
- Using manual handling equipment in a busy environment
You'll move items from pallets to cages, stacking goods in layers and taking care not to damage any stock.
To pick items for customer orders, you will use LLOPs and the AMT scanning system.
In an average shift, you will repeatedly have to lift and move items weighing more than 15kg.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Warehouse Operative is comfortable working in a busy warehouse environment and can meet targets and deadlines.
You need to be able to speak English at a conversational level so that you can communicate easily and effectively with the team.
No previous experience is necessary, as you will be trained for this role.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £11.17 to £20.44 p/h with overtime
- Shifts are 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am
- OnSite support from Staffline
- Canteen with reduced prices
- Free car parking
- Good links to public transport
- Uniform provided
- PPE provided
- Performance bonus
- Reward schemes
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Opportunities for overtime
- Career progression opportunities
- Free gym on-site
- Modern working environment
- Job ref: 1TR
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( November 17th, 2021 )