Staffline are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician at their client's busy site in Bromborough.
To ensure that all products packed are QA checked against specifications for customer and legal requirements and to ensure that raw materials are to specification before being released to production. To assist the QA Supervisor in all aspects of his/ her role as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Check the product against company quality standards and customer specifications. These include quality, temperature, appearance, weight and product description etc. Follow the corrective action plan if non compliances are found.
- Ensure all packaging, labelling and bar coding are correct and meet the customer, legal and promotional requirements.
- Ensure that all the metal detectors and check weighers are working effectively and the bins are locked. Follow the corrective action plan if found to be faulty. Check all product rejected by the metal detector to establish type of contamination.
- Ensure temperatures are monitored and maintain the require records.
- Ensure the correct samples are taken and dealt with in the correct manner.
- Conduct probe verification and complete all relevant paperwork.
- Conduct safety and GMP audits of production areas and complete audit check sheets.
- Ensure the hygiene standards are met on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all paperwork is handled, completed and logged in the correct manner before collection at the end of each shift.
- To provide cover for other Quality Auditors when required.
- Work to targets as agreed in appraisals.
- To carry out any additional tasks as designated by the Quality Supervisor.
- Date coding (CCP 1) procedure and checks
- Metal Detection (CCP 2) procedure and checks
- Check weigh / average weight checks
- Foreign body policy and to carry out investigation
- Collection of Micro & Chemical sampling including products,
- Educated to a good standard.
- Experience of quality standards and working to policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of PC packages, essentially Excel.
- Attention to details and high standards of organisational ability.
- Manufacturing background preferred but not essential.
- Experience of using SAP would be advantageous.
Pay rate is NEGOTIABLE.