Find your next job with Orchard House Foods
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Food Production business as a Permanent Production Operative. day shift are available with various shifts available, along with opportunities for overtime and career progression.
Your Time at Work
1. To assist in the picking of all customer orders by depot.
2. Check all product counts are accurate against the delivery note/picking sheets.
3. Ensures that all pallets are stacked and wrapped safely.
4. Loading of vehicles using the correct equipment, following all quality, production and health and safety procedures. Particularly when using Fork Lift Truck vehicles.
5. Ensuring accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and following all relevant quality procedures.
6. Ensuring that all pallets are correctly labelled with depot and customer specific information.
7. Housekeeping and hygiene of the area is maintained to a high level.
8. Provide assistance in training other staff in order picking procedures to cover absence and holidays etc...
9. Area start up checks completed, employees adequately trained to perform the tasks and departmental procedures being followed.
10. All employees wearing required PPE (e.g. ear defenders, high vis jackets, thermal gloves, foot ware). Accidents and Near Miss incidents reported and follow up actions closed out. Safe and effective operation of all machinery with fully competent trained personnel.
11. To make suggestions on ways to improve performance in your area and implement agreed actions. To seek to develop yourself and your team by attending training courses, sign off against Standard Operating procedures and transfer to other work areas to develop business understanding and self.
12. Ensure the safety, quality, authenticity and legality of our products are maintained at all times through compliance with Food Safety and quality procedures and systems.
13. Carry out other duties as and when required.
Our Perfect Worker
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Basic English, both written and verbal, to communicate well with other workers.
- No previous experience is necessary as a Production Operative, as full training will be provided.
Key Information and Benefits
- Employee Discounts Scheme - unbeatable savings at hundreds of retailers.
- Refer-a-Friend programmes with £250 award
- Trainer Referral schemes with £250 award
- Free hot drink vend
- Reward Days - for example hot food vans and ice creams
- Social Committee - fun events and discounted trips
- Employee of the Month scheme and £50 award
- Free parking at site and free wifi
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.