An opportunity has arisen to join our client, the market leading manufacturer and distributor of foods, feeders and nest boxes for wildlife, as Production Line Leader.
This new role will be based at our client's head office in Shrewsbury and will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to learn from our experienced team and to become part of an exciting, innovative, and growing company. Please note that this role is not remote and therefore candidates MUST be local to Shropshire.
Your Time at Work
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Manage a team of production operatives
- Complete daily reports on production figures, operating concerns/faults, and any downtime
- Organise and complete product changeovers within the standard planned time
- Carry out safety checks to ensure production machinery is in a good and safe working condition, completing relevant check sheets at start and end of shift
- Ensure the operation and basic maintenance of the production line runs efficiently
- Set, monitor, and report on your teams KPI's
- Identify, implement, and drive continuous improvement
- Calculate and document any new B.O.M`s
- Complete your shifts time sheets for payroll
- Ensure you and your team adhere to Health, Safety and Compliance regulations always
- Replenish line with raw materials and components
- Act as a role model managing, guiding, training, and coaching direct reports whilst demonstrating best practice always
- Complete paperwork, works orders and quality checks with no errors
- Manual handling, lifting equipment and products up to 20kg
- Assist supervisors and managers with any other tasks required
Our Perfect Worker
- 3+ years in a similar fast paced role as a line leader, supervisor, or manager
- Knowledge of production processes and procedures
- An up-to-date Forklift truck licence
- Able to engage employees and use initiative to meet production targets whilst maintaining efficient production levels
- Dependable, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- High quality awareness
- Reliable and efficient with the willingness to learn and develop
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Keen to bring new ideas to improve best practice
- Excellent IT skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable with statistics and analysis of productivity and KPI performance
Key Information and Benefits
Working hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4pm Friday.
You will benefit from a competitive salary, as well as a generous holiday entitlement and staff discounts. You will also be enrolled in the company pension scheme.
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( January 10th, 2022 )