Staffline are recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to work for our client within the airline food production industry in Trafford Park.
You will be reporting to the Head Chef and assisting all the chefs in their day to day duties.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Accurately making up samples and products to the specifications.
- Conducting temperature, quality and product date checks.
- Following all operating procedures during your duties to the best of your abilities.
- Ensuring the work area is kept clean and safe.
- Transporting food and equipment to and from different departments.
You will be given 5 days within Monday to Sunday, 7am-3pm so being flexible with your availability is required. The pay rate is £7.83 per hour and £11.75 on Bank Holidays. Work is ongoing with opportunities to join the client on a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will:
- Have good understanding of English both reading and writing.
- Have experience of working in a kitchen/food environment.
- Positive attitude to work.
- Have a good understanding of Hygiene Practices with a clean as you as go approach.
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene.
- Be able to work within a team.
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Training and PPE provided
- Weekly Pay
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a CRC (Criminal Record Check) and provide full 5 years of checkable referencing history.
- If not resident in the UK for 5 years a criminal record check from overseas must be provided also
Pay rate: £7.83 per hour - Time and half on Bank holidays