Staffline are recruiting for Machine Operatives for their clients busy food production factory in Tarleton, Preston.
- Programming machines to ensure the correct size, weight, codes and dates for all production runs.
- Verify machine handovers from hygiene to production, to include span adjusting and full line set up.
- Maintain a clean and organised working environment, practice GMP at all times
- Ensure any issues are communicated to the appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for pre - start up checks, full machine set up , product changeovers and general machine operation, ensuring efficiency and KPIs are met.
- Responsible for the completion of line paperwork including, but not limited to Handover Sheets, Pre Start -Up Checks, Product Changeovers, Efficiency Sheets and any other documentation as required.
- Follow and complete the daily production schedule, including changes which may occur during the course of the day.
- Changing film /packaging
- MAP monitoring
- Ensuring the correct ingredients are presented to the line
- Cut quality and blend ratio evaluation
- Total volume testing
- Weight monitoring
- Seal integrity
- Code date verification
- Documentation of all results and actions taken.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic mechanical and mathematical skills.
- Possess the ability to complete routine documentation
- Be capable of meeting all required testing frequencies (detailed, fast-paced work).
- Be capable of performing basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
- Able to lift 10kg.
- Stand for the duration of the shift (8 hours or more).
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge working on Ilapak, Ishida and Proseal machines.
Pay rate: £7.38 - £7.83 per hour depending on age - after training pay rate will be up