Staffline are recruiting for a Material Handler to work for our client in Slough.
Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks within the storage facility.
Working from general procedures and instructions, the Material Handler will execute transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for performing department processes and safely operating equipment to complete duties.
- Material handling may include one or more of the following: picking, packing, scanning, kitting, counting products, or other duties
- Must ensure timeliness, packaging, routing, and systems work is completed accurately and timely in the process of material handling
- Ensure safe work environment
- Participates in stand up activities with cross functional teams
- Participate in Lean Warehousing system on the floor
- Read and follows detailed and defined instructions
- Must be flexible in "timely" transactions when moved to different work areas throughout the day while adhering to productivity goals
- Resolves task-related problems in straightforward situations
The following requirements are also essential and expected of all employees:
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor and communicates in a respectful and collaborative manner with coworkers, managers and others in the workplace.
- Follows direction, is engaged and productive, and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
- Has ability to work independently and to collaborate with and support other members of the department and across the enterprise.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates the Company's core values and complies with Company policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform duties outside of the above responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
Scope and Accountability:
- Completes tasks by following pre-established procedures.
- Follows detailed and defined instructions.
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position.
- Resolves task-related problems in straightforward situations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must possess a HS Diploma, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 1-2 years experience in warehouse environment preferred
- Must have experience in operating material handling equipment
- Forklift certification preferred
- Experience using a scan gun preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Individual must be able to read and comprehend work instructions
- Must have the ability to work well with others with little supervision
- Must have team orientation and portray a commitment to task(s)
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position
Pay rate: £8.50 per hour