Posted on February 12th, 2024 by G4S
We are currently recruiting a Security Officer to work on a high-profile site in Whitby.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on a busy mining site, with a high standard of security needing to be met at all times. If you are in the security industry or are looking for a career change, then this would be perfect for you! We will offer on-site training, as well as career development too.
The rate of pay is £11.84 per hour.
This is a full-time position benefiting from a 42 hour per week contract working a combination of days, nights and weekends on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Please note, due to the requirements of this role you must hold a Full, Clean UK Driving License.
Your Time at Work
As a Security Officer, you are more than a Security Guard. You'll ensure the safety of our customers' staff, their buildings, and assets, whilst providing excellent customer service with a smile. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service in a safe and secure environment.
Other duties will include:
- Greeting staff and visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensuring everyone follows the security and safety protocols of the site
- Monitoring access / egress to site
- Completing site inductions
- First Aid response
- Administration of drug and alcohol testing
- Completing routine patrols by foot and by vehicle
- Dealing with any security incidents on site and completing relevant incident report forms
With a keen eye and a brilliant way with people, you could look forward to an interesting role where no two days are the same with exciting career opportunities.
There is a free Park & Ride facility for all staff from Whitby, Scarborough and Margrove Park.
Our Perfect Worker
You will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. Good IT knowledge is also key.
It would be a benefit to have some security experience and your SIA license, however, it's not essential, as we provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) license training.
Key Information and Benefits
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
- A rate of pay of £11.84 per hour
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training, and development opportunies
- Free park & ride from Whitby, Scarborough and Margrove Park
- Free Catering on Site
Staffline are working in Partnership with G4S, providing a recruitment solution for security roles.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.