Staffline are looking for a Transport Administrator to join our team at their client's site in Hull. You will be responsible to ensure all administration are undertaken within agreed time-frames. This will include liaison with the Customer Service, Warehouse Operations and Transport Teams
This is a demanding role and you will be working alongside our client within a busy transport office. We are continually looking for talented individuals to come and join our team. The role is based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working from 06:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Sunday. Flexibility to work weekends is essential.
Successful candidates will be responsible for administration, including information relating to deliveries and collections. The right candidates will have the potential for career progression.
Main accountabilities to include but not be limited to:
- De-brief drivers on return from customers to ascertain if any difficulties were encountered and to obtain management information and data for applicable XPO Logistics and customer reports and for legal compliance purposes internally
- Identify and resolve operational issues and where appropriate escalate to the Transport Manager
- To proactively support the Transport operation on site
- Encourage two-way feedback and ideas aimed at improving work practices and involve drivers and checker in seeking solutions to operational problems
- Monitor and review drivers tachographs for compliance with the law and ensure that drivers know of and conform to customer service level requirements
- Monitor and manage equipment control
- To demonstrate the Company Values in the undertaking of your role
- To ensure your work station is manned at all times of unloading or loading
- To Ensure handover is complete before the end of shift
- To wear correct and appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) at all times
- To ensure compliance with both the statutory Health & Safety requirements and Company Health and Safety requirements
- To escalate any issues outside of authority level
- Carry out other appropriate duties as required as the above list is not exhaustive
- Monitor, administer and ensure legal compliance with Working Time Directive, relevant transport legislation and site best practice
The ideal candidate will have the following skill base:
- Understands the implications of transport operational KPI's on customer service and satisfaction levels
- Preferably have relevant experience in a transport planning or transport admin background
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to handle and prioritise conflicting issues
- Will possess excellent communication skills in order to convey facts and ideas clearly, accurately, effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Is approachable, open, fair, consistent, diplomatic and assertive and leads by example
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Organised and good time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Monday to Saturday - £9.50 per hour
- Sunday and Bank Holidays - £ 13.00 per hour
INTERESTED? Click APPLY NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you.