Reasons to consider an apprenticeship
Traditionally associated with entry level work experience in such skills as dressmaking or carpentry over a century ago, apprenticeships have come a long way since then. They are now an accepted and encouraged alternative to University. Carefully designed programmes help people gain skills in sectors such as food production, digital, banking, health and social care. Leadership and management, business improvement techniques and customer service are amongst some of our most popular qualifications.
Work, Earn, Learn
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £4.81 per hour.
This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship for both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For all other apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate for their age applies.
Unlike academic courses at University or college, an Apprenticeship allows you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications at your place of work. If you’re overwhelmed by the ever-increasing University fees and uncertain about what career is right for you, give an apprenticeship a go – you won’t regret it!
“I would definitely recommend an apprenticeship to all my friends!”
Why Choose an Apprenticeship?
- You work alongside experienced staff, enhancing your learning and teamwork skills
- You gain job-specific skills to help you build a career
- Your earn a wage and get holiday pay
- You get the chance to study towards a real qualification from our wide range of courses
- A dedicated tutor-assessor who is there to help you each step of the way
Turn Your Future Around With an Apprenticeship
- If you are aged between 16-18 and you are unemployed, we’ll help you find an apprenticeship to kick start your career in your chosen field
- If you’re 19 and over and are already in a role you love, we can help you progress your career
- No matter your age, whether you're unemployed or just looking to progress in your job, take a look at how an apprenticeship could change your life. We offer exciting apprenticeships across a variety of sectors to help you kick- start a successful career or progress in your current role
To find a full list of the type of apprenticeships we offer through our work and skills division, People Plus, click here.
19 - 20 The Triangle
NG2 Business Park
Apply for jobs
Search our jobs online here and apply with our online application process.
For all other enquiries, click here for assistance.
New Business Enquiries
If you represent a business seeking further information about working or partnering with Staffline, submit your enquiry here.