Types of ID acceptable for UK nationals are as follows:
A passport (which may be in or out of date) showing that the holder is a British citizen and passport cover. If the passport is out of date, then further photographic identification is required such as a driving licence.
National Insurance (NI) proof. This must be one of the following:
- A P45 or P60 issued by a previous employer with full name and NI number
- An NI card (both sides will be scanned)
- A wage slip from a previous employer
- A letter issued by a government agency with full name and NI number
- A full birth certificate issued in the UK which includes the name(s) of at least one of the holder's parents.
- A full adoption certificate issued in the UK which includes the name(s) of at least one of the holder's adoptive parents.
- A certificate of registration or naturalisation as a British citizen.